What's new

Surface Pro 3 Screen Calibration Values

OP
G

Gavin Lewarne

Since we are not touching gamma the colour drift with brightness should be kept to a minimum., the values above are the best fit when I tested at 50% and 75% brightness.

However, my SP3 is now 3 weeks old and I think the screen has "brunt in" so to speak, I will be measuring it against the others in work tomorrow and will update the values above if they need to be changed :)

dmillerzx

Since we are not touching gamma the colour drift with brightness should be kept to a minimum., the values above are the best fit when I tested at 50% and 75% brightness.

However, my SP3 is now 3 weeks old and I think the screen has "brunt in" so to speak, I will be measuring it against the others in work tomorrow and will update the values above if they need to be changed :)

Did you ever end up making any additional changes post burn in period.

dmillerzx

Cool thanks! Overall I like your profile. I can't tell if my grey is a bit off though. Sometimes it feels a little too 'blue'

A perfect example of this is the right click menu for the desktop. The background grey seems off, or maybe all my other screens are incorrect as they were not calibrated, and this is how it's supposed to be :)

With your settings I am able to notice a much greater distinction between white and grey.

Thanks for your work on this!

bells0

Any updates on this? Can't get the link to the drivers from the 2nd post to work. What Intel driver to i need for an i5 128g SP3?

dmillerzx

You can use any of the 'official' Intel drivers. Found on their website, you can even use their update/scan tool. You'll have to install them manually. There are lots of threads and youtube videos explaining this.

bells0

All good to stage 3 and the power settings.......i don't get the choices in profiles. Just says 'current setting / brighten video / darken video or enhance video colours'