What's new

Surface Pro 3 Pen Replacement Tips?

jbowden

I just got back from Best Buy and wanted to report that on two of the three display pens the tips were worn and very noticeable. I spoke with a sales person and asked if there were any plans for replacement tips for the pens which he did not have any answer for. He told me that they have a service plan you can purchase that would cover the pen.... For the price we are paying, Microsoft should be including spare tips with the pen.

ctitanic

I just got back from Best Buy and wanted to report that on two of the three display pens the tips were worn and very noticeable. I spoke with a sales person and asked if there were any plans for replacement tips for the pens which he did not have any answer for. He told me that they have a service plan you can purchase that would cover the pen.... For the price we are paying, Microsoft should be including spare tips with the pen.
If you call Microsoft Tech Support they will send you the tips for free. You don't pay even shipping.

peglaws

I have lost the nib to my Surface Pro 3 pen. Can I order just a new nib without paying $50 for a full new pen? If so, from where? Thanks in advance.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have lost the nib to my Surface Pro 3 pen. Can I order just a new nib without paying $50 for a full new pen? If so, from where? Thanks in advance.
Log into Support Chat off the Surface website and request replacement Nibs, they'll typically send you 3-5 for free...

dajogejr

Walk into any MS Store if possible, they'll bring you three in a baggie.
I've deployed several of these devices, been to the store twice and no issues.

skidd

Steven - it pulls out (needs a firm pull) and the new one pushes in.
Seems you have to pay 7.33 GPB to get a single new nib in UK via the surface service center.
3.33 for the nib and 4.00 for the 'service' element.

Steven - it pulls out (needs a firm pull) and the new one pushes in.
Seems you have to pay 7.33 GPB to get a single new nib in UK via the surface service center.
3.33 for the nib and 4.00 for the 'service' element.
Thx so much skidd I feel better about attempting the changing out of tips then...thought it may break!

skidd

Thx so much skidd I feel better about attempting the changing out of tips then...thought it may break!

I see there is now a pen tip kit containing 4 tips and a tool for gripping the end of the tip. I don't know if this works with the SP3 pen or SP4 or if the pens are actually the same. I'd probably go for the kit as its not much more. (or even a spare pen as the kit comes with it - just in case).

Orlbuckeye

They do if you purchase a new pen you get 4 or 5 extra tips with the pen.