What's new

Surface pro 3 pen issues

hawlery

So I've got a pen issue and I've sort of figured out what it is. If I use the pen (in any app or program), my pen just jumps up and makes straight lines when I wanna write just above the center of the screen. I noticed that it only happens when I put my palm on the screen and then write, if I don't put my palm on the screen, I don't have that problem. So it's not a calibration problem, it's the palm rejection that's messing things up. Is there any way to solve this? I really don't wanna send my SP3 to MS, because last time I sent something back, I didn't get it back until 3 months later, I'm kinda afraid to send anything now.
I've got a i5 128gb sp3 with windows 10 on it.
I've tried replacing the battery, calibrating the screen, n-trig calibration app and sort of everything else I read on this forum.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not convenient, but do you see the same issue with windows 8.1. If not, then sending it back to microsoft would be futile.

Could you post a screenshot of the problem. If it is what i think it is, then i experience the same thing in win 10 and in onenote (the only place i use the pen). For me, occasionally i will start writing, and a long diagonal line will appear form the bottom of the screen to where i'm touching the pen.

This was just done in paint, but sometimes if i were to start writing at the cross, then that line would suddenly be drawn.
pen error.png