What's new

Solved Surface Pro 3 Pen Issues

Yastech

Hello guys, I recently installed the Surface Hub app on the Windows Store to change the pressure sensitivity on my Pen but I received the following message "Surface Hub could not connect to your Pen" I instantly then realized that my Pen was probably disconnected even though it is still functioning. I opened the Bluetooth settings and saw that the Pen was not connected so I pressed the purple button on the top for 7 seconds and saw the green light flash on the Pen. On the screen it said that the Pen was connected but after a few seconds it said that it was disconnected again. Anyone ever experienced this? Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

OP
Yastech

Yastech

Screenshot (2).png

ctitanic

Open the Control Panel, Device and Printers, once you are there Refresh few times, Click the top button few times, closing OneNote each time. Go back to Surface Hub.

Khalamus

As stated by Ctiantic:
Open the Control Panel, Device and Printers, once you are there Refresh few times, Click the top button few times, closing OneNote each time. Go back to Surface Hub.

This solved the problem for me.
However, I made a comment in a thread called: Surface Hub (pen control) available
If anyone has problems with pen recognition, just follow the steps mentioned in the app.
1. Open up Control Panel
2. Click on Hardware and Sound
3. Click on Devices and Printers
4. Click 3 times on the circle with an arrow at its end (refresh), to the left of the search bar on the top right corner of the window.
5. Restart the Surface Pen Hub app.

In a response to that comment, Aurelio said:

But for this to work, you need to get sure you have the 2 last updates for PEN in your surface! Other wise it will not work even this 5 steps. I had this problem and was because of one update was missing.

So make sure you are up to date with the updates and then follow these steps.

Good luck!

/ Khalamus

annabanana

Hello guys, I recently installed the Surface Hub app on the Windows Store to change the pressure sensitivity on my Pen but I received the following message "Surface Hub could not connect to your Pen" I instantly then realized that my Pen was probably disconnected even though it is still functioning. I opened the Bluetooth settings and saw that the Pen was not connected so I pressed the purple button on the top for 7 seconds and saw the green light flash on the Pen. On the screen it said that the Pen was connected but after a few seconds it said that it was disconnected again. Anyone ever experienced this? Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

I read that the pen is actually connected by BT for a second or two when you click the buttons. What you saw is normal, I saw that too. Follow the instructions in the previous posts and it will work.

OP
Yastech

Yastech

I read that the pen is actually connected by BT for a second or two when you click the buttons. What you saw is normal, I saw that too. Follow the instructions in the previous posts and it will work.
That is quite odd I must say.

OP
Yastech

Yastech

As stated by Ctiantic:

This solved the problem for me.
However, I made a comment in a thread called: Surface Hub (pen control) available

In a response to that comment, Aurelio said:

So make sure you are up to date with the updates and then follow these steps.

Good luck!

/ Khalamus
Don't worry I got it all working ;)