What's new

Surface Pro 3 freezing

Phil1789

Hello everyone,
I have a surface pro 3 working welle for time, but since a month now it is working in a strange way. The system freezes for more or less 1à sec. every minutes. It doesn't seem to come from the operating system, since I have installed a fresh coy of it.
Does anyone have an idea about this issue.
Thanks a lot for your help
regards

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You may have a dirty connection to the keyboard. An intermittent connection can keep interrupting the Surface Pro 3.

Does the problem occur only when the keyboard is connected? Try.

Let us know.

OP
Phil1789

Phil1789

Thank for your reply,
it does it keyboard connected or not, it even does it during boot process, when the little wheel is turning under the surface logo

BubbaUK

That's interesting - every so often my Dell desktop has started doing that, since a recent update I think. It's very annoying. What apps are you running?

OP
Phil1789

Phil1789

None, it does at boot time when I get the windows logon screen, I must wait to enter the password, and it keeps on doing it all the time even with no application running

OP
Phil1789

Phil1789

I don't think so as it does it immediately at boot time (fresh power up) and the back doesn't seem hot

OP
Phil1789

Phil1789

I tried different version of Windows 10, latest and earlier versions, I also tried windows 8, alle of them issued the same problem. I think it is more a bios problem, I have never been able to boot without the red screen, I have never been able to delete the secured boot keys, each time it tells me to reboot first