What's new

Surface Pro 3 Battery Fix has been released in today's Firmware Update

garryknight

I usually get a good 4 to 5 hours.

As an update on this, it's now gone down to a miserable 2 hours, and yesterday it was less than that. Trying to get it to recalibrate quicker by running video on a loop to drain the battery but, of course, that seems to be making it drain slower :-/

Mine failed too, lately most of the updates are failing for me. Stupid SP3 wants to perform restarts daily for the past month

bobthecooldad

My surface has been fine, did the update yesterday automatically. Once it first rebooted it glitched into a black screen and i waited asuming it was a bios update for an hour. After nothing i did a volume up and power button force restart. On reboot it just turned off (found out it was not using the battery and was running on mains) I can post the battery report what show when the update was and now it isnt charging the battery (stuck on 66%). Is there any way for me to downgrade the bios to get my surface running. Microsoft wont support my tablet as the warrenty has expired and to call them is $99..

Battery report

Last edited:
OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I downloaded the Firmware .msi file. Ran it and nothing happened. Any suggestions?
I don't think the new updates have been uploaded, it typically takes 2-3 weeks for them to update those. These are designed for Enterprise/Corporate IT Shops who are deploying these in production environments.

I don't think the new updates have been uploaded, it typically takes 2-3 weeks for them to update those. These are designed for Enterprise/Corporate IT Shops who are deploying these in production environments.
Here is the site I downloaded the Surface Firmware Tool.msi file from. Also attached is the screen after running the tool. Also attached is my history after running the file.

I cannot find any Tool installed on my Surface Pro 3. The firmware tool is dated 9/1.
Can anyone advise how this Tool works or where it is on Win 10 AU? It appears to have done nothing except install itself.

Attachments

• Update History.pdf
    79.6 KB · Views: 956
  • From Update Site.pdf
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,031
  • Firmware Update Tool.pdf
    33.6 KB · Views: 861
OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the site I downloaded the Surface Firmware Tool.msi file from. Also attached is the screen after running the tool. Also attached is my history after running the file.

I cannot find any Tool installed on my Surface Pro 3. The firmware tool is dated 9/1.
Can anyone advise how this Tool works or where it is on Win 10 AU? It appears to have done nothing except install itself.
The easiest way is to install this SurfacePro3_Win10_161330_0.msi as it will install any missing Firmware/Drivers, but the fact it dated 9/1/2016 I can not guarantee that it has the battery fix.