What's new

Surface pro 2017 v Surface pro 6 writing latency

DundeeBloke

Hi all, I'm new here so if this question is in the wrong place, apologies.

I'm starting university soon and I was thinking about getting a surface pro. The main reason I'm contemplating this is that I know you can video or record lectures on this machine and also so that I can use the computer as a note pad to take notes during lectures. This is the only reason I'm thinking about buying one. So I'm just wondering if there is a big difference between the Surface Pro 2017 v Surface pro 6 in the lag when written. Which devices should I buy? Thanks

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, @DundeeBloke. Actually a Surface computer may be too clumsy and cumbersome from which to take notes or record lectures. Battery life would become an issue, as would desktop space, mains power outlets, boot time, etc. For these needs, a very smart phone would seem more practical. Also, it would be difficult on any device to simultaneously take notes and record lectures.

OP
D

DundeeBloke

Welcome, @DundeeBloke. Actually a Surface computer may be too clumsy and cumbersome from which to take notes or record lectures. Battery life would become an issue, as would desktop space, mains power outlets, boot time, etc. For these needs, a very smart phone would seem more practical. Also, it would be difficult on any device to simultaneously take notes and record lectures.

Thanks sharpuser, i will have to consider this now