What's new

Surface pro 2 playing crysis 3 and SFIV

hksrb25s14

For crysis 3 I had to update the intel hd 4400 drivers to get the intel graphics control panel to change to scale to fullscreen.
So the settings right now is 13xx X 7xx resolution on low textures all features on low and off.
[video=youtube;zrU9pg7A6f0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrU9pg7A6f0[/video]

Last edited:
OP
H

hksrb25s14

I'm playing Super Street Fighter AE with gestureworks gameplay, sorry I forgot to setup kick buttons for the touch control. :p

lol I look funny holding the phone cam, it's hard.

[video=youtube;FdJYBgXf9AY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdJYBgXf9AY[/video]

OP
H

hksrb25s14

I was also wondering with the updated intel 4400 driver, has anyone notice the fan being loud during hardcore gameplay? or is it just me, I have kids yelling all the time so I haven't notice it.

demandarin

Man, you make me want to get both of those games for my pro. Lol. I just got Serious Sam3 BFG edition last night. Those games you posted play well.

Do you have the 256gb version?

OP
H

hksrb25s14

Man, you make me want to get both of those games for my pro. Lol. I just got Serious Sam3 BFG edition last night. Those games you posted play well.

Do you have the 256gb version?
Yep, 256gb model 8gb ram, does your fan come on during heavy gaming? Lol I thought the pro was a quite machine, I know my razer edge comes on during intense gaming, I was wondering it was normal, because I updated the intel 4400 drivers.

gman713

How did you get gesture works to work? I tried the trial with Mark of the Ninja and the touchpad controls never showed up. I tried everything and the instructions on Gestureworks website sucked. I uninstalled the software since it still beta crapware.

OP
H

hksrb25s14

How did you get gesture works to work? I tried the trial with Mark of the Ninja and the touchpad controls never showed up. I tried everything and the instructions on Gestureworks website sucked. I uninstalled the software since it still beta crapware.

The games has tobe using direct x9c or above, most of the game videos I post here if compatible with gestureworks you will see it.
Yeah gestureworks is picky but once it works it's fun, try another game.

Last edited:

gman713

Okay, I may try that. The reason I went with Mark of the Ninja is that the program automatically chose that as working.

demandarin

Okay, I may try that. The reason I went with Mark of the Ninja is that the program automatically chose that as working.

don't forget, if you didn't know or do, is that the game has to be linked and launched within the gestureworks app for the touch controls to show up.

demandarin

Yep, 256gb model 8gb ram, does your fan come on during heavy gaming? Lol I thought the pro was a quite machine, I know my razer edge comes on during intense gaming, I was wondering it was normal, because I updated the intel 4400 drivers.

yeah , fans cut on on heavy gaming. this is to be expected since we are pushing ultrabook power in a tablet form factor. the chip will get hot from intense gaming. so the fans cutting on is a good thing as it cools things down. mines cut on but hardly noticeable. I don't see how some people saying it sounds loud..lol if I focus on it , I can hear the whoosh sound of it. but most of the time I can hardly tell its even on on my pro. Im running the same updated drivers also. no issues as far as I can tell .

but no matter the driver, the pro fans will cut on during intense or long gaming sessions.

oion

Of course the more you game and really push the Pro such that its fans are on all the time, you also lower the lifespan of its components. :p This is why towers with significant heat dumping systems are best for real gaming.

demandarin

Of course the more you game and really push the Pro such that its fans are on all the time, you also lower the lifespan of its components. :p This is why towers with significant heat dumping systems are best for real gaming.

True. But component failure would be covered under warranty ;). I see your point though. I doubt someone is gaming 24/7 on their pro though..haha