What's new

Surface Pro 2 Issues

craigmh74

All,

Last year I purchased a Surface Pro 2 from a friend of mine. Everything was working great until earlier this year. I woke up one morning and I wasn't able to access Windows. When I boot up, I was sent to the UEFI screen. I couldn't get pass it. I researched this problem online as well as having my friend look at it. We can't find a solution. This is what I tried.

sfc / scannow

RESULT: "There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again." I did that and ran sfc again.....same result.

Startup Repair

RESULT: "Startup repair couldn't repair your PC"

Refresh PC

RESULT: "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again."

Reset PC (partition drive)

RESULT: "Unable to reset your PC. The system drive cannot be found."

Reset PC (don't partition drive)

RESULT: ""Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing."

I'm thinking I may need to replace the hard drive...i'm no expert though. Taking it in for repair is my last option. I don't really have the money to get another one. So....I'm hoping I can fix this myself. The Surface was originally running Windows 7, but my friend upgraded to Windows 10 when I bought it. If the hard drive needs replaced, any recommendations?

Any suggestions??

Thanks,
CH

IMG_4566.JPG IMG_4567.JPG IMG_4569.JPG IMG_4571.JPG

IProSurf

Sounds like a reload to me. Before wiping the drive, try placing your old drive in an external enclosure to try reading any remaining data left on the drive from a different (working) PC.