What's new

Surface Pro 1 died

caipe97

Hey everyone,

I purchased my Surface Pro second-hand last year. It worked fine until yesterday.
I charged it and put it into sleep inside my bag. 6 hours later, I opened it and pushed the power button. It would not turn on. Not even the low power sign would show up
I thought the battery had drained, but I plugged in the charger (which works fine btw) and it blinked once.
I unplugged it and tested everything. The home button (with the Windows logo) works, as I get feedback when I press it.
Googled the problem and all I got was all these power + volume button combinations. I tried all of them possible (15 seconds each, 15 seconds both, 30 seconds each, 30 both, etc) and nothing, though at times the home button would stop working, so my guess is it rebooted, and would work again after some time. Still no screen.
The power chord only blinks when I do these combinations, but it doesn't stay on.

Please help... I really need this tablet to work, and it did fine until yesterday..

Plantje

Hey everyone,

I purchased my Surface Pro second-hand last year. It worked fine until yesterday.
I charged it and put it into sleep inside my bag. 6 hours later, I opened it and pushed the power button. It would not turn on. Not even the low power sign would show up
I thought the battery had drained, but I plugged in the charger (which works fine btw) and it blinked once.
I unplugged it and tested everything. The home button (with the Windows logo) works, as I get feedback when I press it.
Googled the problem and all I got was all these power + volume button combinations. I tried all of them possible (15 seconds each, 15 seconds both, 30 seconds each, 30 both, etc) and nothing, though at times the home button would stop working, so my guess is it rebooted, and would work again after some time. Still no screen.
The power chord only blinks when I do these combinations, but it doesn't stay on.

Please help... I really need this tablet to work, and it did fine until yesterday..
Have you tried hooking it up to a external screen?

OP
C

caipe97

Yes, I have. Still, no response at all..
The only thing I can do is press the home button, but nothing else