What's new

Surface Pro 1 128GB replaced with Surface Pro 2 4300U

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalnemesis

Can't believe it but Microsoft replaced my faulty Surface Pro 1 128GB with the Surface Pro 2 128GB and the faster i5-4300U CPU.

Anyone else had good experiences with warranty?

spectre51

I've heard about this happening and wish something was wrong with mine so it could happen to me but my 64Gb Surface Pro runs great. No issues with it. Sucks the resale value of these things is so bad.

CrippsCorner

For your information... Microsoft don't ask of any proof of issues with a Surface that's under warranty. I got mine exchanged and there wasn't anything wrong with it (I didn't know that at the time though) still, I was glad overall because I managed to scratch the casing on my original one!

TunaSurface

That's pretty much a free upgrade.. Might have to buy the warranty when I decide to upgrade, they seem to release new Surfaces pretty often.
Can't believe it but Microsoft replaced my faulty Surface Pro 1 128GB with the Surface Pro 2 128GB and the faster i5-4300U CPU.
May I ask what was wrong with your original Surface?

Surfaced

Anyone else had good experiences with warranty?

I ordered a refurbished Surface Pro 2 64GB i5 unit with type cover from the Microsoft store and they ran out of stock. So they sent me a refurb Surface Pro 3 i5 128GB with type cover instead. Free upgrade. I was stoked! Love my SP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.