What's new

Surface Pen- light is blinking but won’t write

Gottem36

So I somehow managed to get my pen in the washer. I took it out and dried then later removed and cleaned the battery. At first, it had a red light then I cleaned the battery and it started blinking green. Throughout the whole process it did not want to write. I am currently in the process of getting a new battery but I heard that the battery has nothing to do with whether it writes or not. I’m not sure what to do next or what’s broken or if it can even be fix (to be completely honest I don’t know anything about my pen). Has this happen to anyone else or does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix it? Also idk if the tip may just be broken

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So I somehow managed to get my pen in the washer. I took it out and dried then later removed and cleaned the battery. At first, it had a red light then I cleaned the battery and it started blinking green. Throughout the whole process it did not want to write. I am currently in the process of getting a new battery but I heard that the battery has nothing to do with whether it writes or not. I’m not sure what to do next or what’s broken or if it can even be fix (to be completely honest I don’t know anything about my pen). Has this happen to anyone else or does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix it? Also idk if the tip may just be broken
If it uses a AAAA battery then it is required for inking, unlike the Wacom EMR that current is in the screen, the Microsoft (N-Trig) Pen has the power in the pen. One thing you can try is remove the tip of the pen and put it back into the per barrel.

TyronMezFan

I think you need at least new washer and furthermore I dont advise you to use washed devices, it can spoil monitor sensor