What's new

Surface pen issue

Edo0003

Hello,

So I use the surface pen to take notes for the majority of my classes. One thing that bugs me is that sometimes when I am writing it randomly erases what I wrote or the pen cursor will start jumping around randomly. Has anyone experience any issues with the pen?

Tsurugaya

You have probably accidently pushed the eraser button on the pen. Microsoft has promised a pen utility so you will be able to reassign the button to something else, just not right now.

InspectHerGadget

I do find it a bit trickier sometimes than the SP2. I did find on suggestion from someone on the forum to use full screen for modern OneNote and that cured my problems. I'm left handed and if you have more than one page open the palm rejection doesn't work until the pen engages the page. The palm rejection on the SP2 actually works better as it is built into the screen whereas on this, it seems to be activated by proximity of the pen.

I think also accidently touching one of the two buttons can cause issues also.

Tsurugaya

Both Wacom and N-Trig needs the pen to activate the digitizer so the Palm touch can be deactivated. Wacom has a longer range for discovering the pen, because with N-Trig it is the pen that has to discover the digitizer.

InspectHerGadget

I think however it works, it doesn't work quite as well on the SP3. On the SP2 I don't think it has ever caused an issue whereas on the SP3 it most definitely does. What happens is it will flick me to another page unless I'm careful about putting the pen to the screen before my palm. It was a pain so in the end I just used full screen which seems to work fine.