What's new

Surface Hub Pairing

Kenny Johnson

We have (2) 84" Surface Hubs.

I can use Miracast to send a laptop to (1) Surface Hub, but not both. If I connect HDMI to one and Miracast to the other, it ALMOST works - but one screen will only show the desktop. If I duplicate the screen, the Miracast will show the open applications, but the HDMI will only show the desktop. If I extend the screen, it switches. How can I get both screens to show the same information?

Along those lines, I used the pairing and was able to pair the Hubs to each other (each one shows it is paired to the other) but I cannot find any way to share screen or send data to the other Hub, etc. What does pairing do?

(We do not have a Skype account, and the HUBS are on opposite sides of the room, so I cannot use wires).

Thank you for any assistance.

Kenny

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If this is a permanent installation wires should definitely be on the table, err through the walls and over the ceiling. ;) assuming it will work with wires. I don't have any myself so I can only do mental experiments. :D

Id be interested in how this works out and if it will work without Skype B.

OP
K

Kenny Johnson

If this is a permanent installation wires should definitely be on the table, err through the walls and over the ceiling. ;) assuming it will work with wires. I don't have any myself so I can only do mental experiments. :D

Id be interested in how this works out and if it will work without Skype B.

Thank you for your reply. They are on rolling stands (which are poorly designed IMO with no place to hold the keyboard or cleaning supplies so cannot run wires as they roll to the different training rooms.

We were able to us the Cetrix Receiver app to use MS Lync to communicate, between the two, but it is clumsy and slow. The Hubs allow for pairing, but I can't tell what to do once they are paired to each other.