What's new

Surface hub mail client

TimDB

We are very interested in buying a surface hub 84" but our CEO finds it very important to be able to see emails on it without having to sign in every time.
As I understand, by default, the Surface Hub deletes everything after each meeting: that means the login credentials of the mail client aswell.

Is there a way to setup the email client so it keeps it's credentials?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
We are very interested in buying a surface hub 84" but our CEO finds it very important to be able to see emails on it without having to sign in every time.
As I understand, by default, the Surface Hub deletes everything after each meeting: that means the login credentials of the mail client aswell.

Is there a way to setup the email client so it keeps it's credentials?
Not that I know of....it is set that way intentionally as it isn't a general purpose computer.

RSargeant

A better way to give your boss the ability to read his emails on the Surface Hub would be to have him link his laptop to the hub using Miracast. In this way everything on his laptop screen will be displayed in 4k in the big screen, and he's logged in with his own email account.
To link Miracast just press Windows+K, click on the friendly name of the Surface Hub and you're done.
I have found the Miracast feature to work well. It's quick and reliable.
Richard