What's new

Surface goes into sleep and after 3-4 hours

DutchYee

Hello Guys,

I almost never turn my surface off. But when i put into sleep mode for like 5-6 hours and come back. I have to press on the power button and the boot logo Surface come on the screen.

So i am a lil bit confused, is this an official boot? or i read somethings about an deep sleep.\
Can you guys explain what happend?

ptrkhh

Pretty much as stated above.
If you don't want the SP3 to go to hibernate (deep sleep), just disable hibernation. It would stay in standby (Connected Standby) forever, like the Surface RT.

Open elevated cmd (type cmd in the start screen, then right click, and choose "Run as Administrator")
then type powercfg -h off
then press enter

Done.
(if you want to make sure, check the C:\ free space before and after disabling hibernation, you should get an additional 8 GB free space after you disabled hibernation)

daniielrp

Done.
(if you want to make sure, check the C:\ free space before and after disabling hibernation, you should get an additional 8 GB free space after you disabled hibernation)

Only if you have 8GB RAM, you'll get 4GB free space if you only have 4GB RAM.

malberttoo

Make sure you understand exactly what hibernation is though before you disable it. You could lose important work or data if you don't.