What's new

Surface Dock USB Problems

codingbloke

There have in the past been messages going back years about Surface dock issues. None have actually helpful or current answers. I have a Pro 4 and Dock. Recently I have been having problems with a wired USB mouse plugged into the dock. It frequently disconnects and then reconnects. I have second monitor connected to the dock but that doesn't seem to be affected. The mouse works fine when connected directly to the Surface.

Any new ideas? (The dock has the latest update installed and my Windows 10 is up to date too).

beenja

Nah Dick, the surface aint got no vinyl drive anymore but maybe you can morse it.
@bloke: the dp and the usb are different devices with different firmwares even. Yet the ethernet and usb seem to be one device and on my surface book 2 ethernet works, usb not, with 2 surface docks, MS is so lousy. Has anyone tried their documentation? its just wrong and full of mistakes.
Maybe next time a macbook with a pirotcoppee of windows on it ([email protected])

Plantje

There have in the past been messages going back years about Surface dock issues. None have actually helpful or current answers. I have a Pro 4 and Dock. Recently I have been having problems with a wired USB mouse plugged into the dock. It frequently disconnects and then reconnects. I have second monitor connected to the dock but that doesn't seem to be affected. The mouse works fine when connected directly to the Surface.

Any new ideas? (The dock has the latest update installed and my Windows 10 is up to date too).
And what happens if you plug in a different mouse?