What's new

Surface book 2 - TB16 docking

nirvi

hello,
anyone knows if surface 2 laptop can work with docking station TB16 ? that docking works with thunderbolt 3.
thanks,

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
hello,
anyone knows if surface 2 laptop can work with docking station TB16 ? that docking works with thunderbolt 3.
thanks,
Nope - there isn't a USB C port on the Surface Laptop, let alone Thunderbolt technology. You can a USB Dock or the Surface Dock.

jmorneau

The Surface Book 2 actually does have USB-C. This website doesn't offer the SB2 as a device option in it's drop down. I have the same questions as NIRVI as I have a TB16 for my XPS 15 and XPS13 via USCB-C. I'd like to use the same dock but haven't been able to get the configuration to work correctly. I'm not clear if it's a driver issue or what...

Review article here discussing it:
Surface Book 2 Developer Impressions and the Magic of USB-C - Scott Hanselman

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Surface Book 2 actually does have USB-C. This website doesn't offer the SB2 as a device option in it's drop down. I have the same questions as NIRVI as I have a TB16 for my XPS 15 and XPS13 via USCB-C. I'd like to use the same dock but haven't been able to get the configuration to work correctly. I'm not clear if it's a driver issue or what...

Review article here discussing it:
Surface Book 2 Developer Impressions and the Magic of USB-C - Scott Hanselman
True the SB2 does have USB 2 but OP wasn't clear about which device referred to...

But one thing to remember if the dock in question requires Thunderbolt it will not work with the Surface Book 2.