What's new

Surface Book 2 - Tablet Mode

WAR

Does anyone use their SB2 in tablet mode, say, 50% of the time?

Is there any type of folio cover for the tablet portion that can be attached when carrying it into meetings, etc.?

I'd like to diminish the use of my iPad Pro and use either my SB2 or SP4 more . . . .

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I use my SB2 or SB215 inch in tablet mode often, but usually have my keyboard close by. The clipboard is very light weight and convenient. I keep the SB2 in the GMYLE zippered sleeve when carrying, detached or attached.

Used to use an iPad much more often.

GMYLE_Zippered_Sleeve_Surface_Book_regular_and_15_inch.jpg

Reactions: WAR

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The sleeve pictured above fits my regular Surface Book 2, but is a little too snug for my 115 inch model.

GeoffHH

Does anyone use their SB2 in tablet mode, say, 50% of the time?

Is there any type of folio cover for the tablet portion that can be attached when carrying it into meetings, etc.?

I'd like to diminish the use of my iPad Pro and use either my SB2 or SP4 more . . . .
I haven't found anything yet. The problem is getting black marks on the outside of the tablet where it rubs against slightly dirty tables at various meetings. Although the marks can be cleaned off with a damp cloth, I am worried that they will eventually become permanent. What is needed is a clip on cover to protect the back, but I am still searching.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Every Surface I've owned (ever since the original) has been protected by a vinyl skin, and has never been scratched, despite very heavy international use.

You can attach a skin which will improve your grip, add a bit of style, and keep the Surface looking clean.

Check out posts such as this: Stickerboy Black Ostrich Leather Protector

OP
WAR

WAR

I haven't found anything yet. The problem is getting black marks on the outside of the tablet where it rubs against slightly dirty tables at various meetings. Although the marks can be cleaned off with a damp cloth, I am worried that they will eventually become permanent. What is needed is a clip on cover to protect the back, but I am still searching.

You would think Microsoft would learn from Apple and try to capture the income stream from high quality accessories. I've purchased both the keyboard and regular folio covers for my new iPad Pro 11". I like the way they have added a magnetically attached back cover to the new folio line!