What's new

Surface 7 i5 with FAN

sorosch

Hello,

my Surface 7 i5 16GB Ram arrived today - YES - i was so happy.

But whats this? The i5 (16Gb RAM) has a FAN - and creates a constant fu.... noise noise noise noise... the fan never goes out - not even without a network plug.

The surface 6 i5 hasn´t a fan - or? Why has the surface 7 a fan?

I'm so disappointed in Microsoft. A real shame.
The surface is sent back.

Best regards
George

Turbo4AWD

I think it's because the GPU is faster in the Surface Pro 7 i5. Faster GPU = Moar heat. Probably couldn't get away without having a fan. Otherwise you have customers complaining about "Throttle Gate"....

ScottyS

Just came home today from the Microsoft store with my new SP7. I asked the salesperson if the i5 had a fan and she didn't know. I got the i7 so I expected the fan but I wanted the faster, best most future proof (at least a few years).
Right now the fan is always on and the unit gets hot, but I know it's doing many things in the background, like syncing my OneDrive files so I'll see if it doesn't settle down.

OP
S

sorosch

pity that the i5 is not fanless (the i7 was never - or? - thats why i bought the i5 - because i thought, the i5 is fanless - that was a mistake) - The fan annoying - but you can arrange with it - the person just adapts. At least the performance fits - and the i5 is fast... - you made the right choice with the i7 - faster is always better:)

But i have another big problem with the display - perhabs you can help me:
Surface 7 Display

Thanks very much.