What's new

Surface 4 won't wake up from sleep

mark.rees

Have you tried running DISM? Running that with a windows iso followed by scannow fixed many of my problems. The iso for the SP4 didn't correct the problems so I DL'd one for win 10 from Microsoft.
Yep, ran it several times until all was clear, that's what gave me an initial short period of success in sleep/wake then the black screen reappeared and I was forced to go back to hibernate as the only reliable on off solution - it's so damn annoying that a £1400 device can be so unreliable

mark.rees

Have you tried running DISM? Running that with a windows iso followed by scannow fixed many of my problems. The iso for the SP4 didn't correct the problems so I DL'd one for win 10 from Microsoft.
Actually, just re-read your reply....I did use the SP4 iso.....can you recall the link you used for the Windows Iso?

OP
I

Iceman22

I tried the deezer music preview app which is in the store. I leaved it running in the background, took down the lid, and then it crashed after sleep. I have also tried older graphics drivers and noticed that the win+p trick now worked, but that's because the computer fails go in sleep mode, so that's not any solution either. Now I have joined the insider program on the slow ring, maybe there will come update soon to fix it, but I doubt it =(
The best thing I can do for now is to use hibernate instead of sleep, it takes like 5 seconds longer to boot. At least it doesn't crash and loose data, so I guess I can live with that. But just because of this I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it for that price MS is asking, it's just not acceptable. Shame because the rest is almost perfect,.

Last edited:

errordewin2

Is this the Deezer Music Preview app in the App Store ? And do you leave it constantly running to ensure the sleep success?
Yes it is, but yo dont need to have it oppened all the time, install it is enought.
You can see here the deezer process on the sleep study report:
S0LUSEv.png

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I set my Insider status to 'Faster' just under 24hrs ago but not had any offer or notice of a new build ? Any ideas how to maybe force or speed up a build download?
Reboot...rinse and repeat (Also you need at least 10GB of Free Space on the SSD)