What's new

Surface 3 Windows 10 4gb/128 Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars (Steam) issues

Turbo4AWD

I figure that this game wouldn't hardly bog down the Surface 3's 4gb ram and 2.6ghz SoC turbo boost and GPU, but I keep getting error messages when launching the game. I figure if DOTA 2 runs on the Surface 3, why can't Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars/Kane's Wrath play on it as well? Especially since it's a much older game. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the game multiple times on Steam and figure that the issue is with Windows 10 not being compatible with the game yet? I have tried compatibility mode and running as Admin to no success. Any other fellow RTS players manage to successfully get this game running on the Surface 3? I have searched and haven't found a single person trying to run this game on it yet.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows 10 is by no means perfect yet. I was at an event over the weekend where it was discovered that no matter the attempted workaround, UT2K4 would not run on win 10

Telstar1948

I had a couple of older games I tried on my SP3 with Win10 and...no dice. Tried a more recent game, and it runs with no issues...go figure. I've got a box of older games that I haven't tried yet, but I have to wonder if there isn't something in Win10 that's going to nix them too.

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

Windows 10 is by no means perfect yet. I was at an event over the weekend where it was discovered that no matter the attempted workaround, UT2K4 would not run on win 10
Good to know. I guess with updates, hopefully compatibility will follow.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll come back and post what I find as well.

BryanManx

I figure that this game wouldn't hardly bog down the Surface 3's 4gb ram and 2.6ghz SoC turbo boost and GPU, but I keep getting error messages when launching the game. I figure if DOTA 2 runs on the Surface 3, why can't Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars/Kane's Wrath play on it as well? Especially since it's a much older game. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the game multiple times on Steam and figure that the issue is with Windows 10 not being compatible with the game yet? I have tried compatibility mode and running as Admin to no success. Any other fellow RTS players manage to successfully get this game running on the Surface 3? I have searched and haven't found a single person trying to run this game on it yet.

So I have 5 windows 10 devices. 2 are towers, 1 is an [all in one], I have a kangaroo pc which is an atom and I have the surface pro 3 all of them will run command and conquer except for the surface pro 3. I get an error "Exception in the Exception Handler" I have a funny suspicion that the problem lies in the resolution of the SP3 either it is too high or the scaling to make a lot of apps look right in the high resolution is causing the issue. Just my guess I will keep looking.