What's new

Solved Surface 3 Pen problems

edalsie

My Surface 3 Pen seems to be having issues...
When I push the top button, OneNote appears (not the one I want, but that's another story....)
But when I use it as a pen, nothing happens. There does not seem to be any connectivity.
I have replaced the battery.
>It seemed to work for a few hours.
I have unpaired and re-paired the pen.
>It seemed to work for a few minutes.

Now... nothing. Clicking either barrel button seems to have no effect-- except the top button pulls up OneNote.

Plantje

Haha! Ok! I have never removed it. I seem to get around with the default tip. For some reason the default one has a white tip and the other ones are black. Can you just pull it out?

Edit: found it! I can use the tip holder for that.

Last edited:
Boy, I was hoping that pulling out the nib would work for me, but it doesn't. Any other thoughts out there? I've been using Windows 10 for the past year without any pen issues, but it just won't work. The purple bluetooth button works just fine, but the pen will not do anything. I've done everything in this thread so far: replaced the battery, pulled out and replaced the nib (same nib, not a new one), unpaired and repaired, deleted the device in Device Manager, and installed old Windows 10 drivers.

I'd love another suggestion.

Thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Boy, I was hoping that pulling out the nib would work for me, but it doesn't. Any other thoughts out there? I've been using Windows 10 for the past year without any pen issues, but it just won't work. The purple bluetooth button works just fine, but the pen will not do anything. I've done everything in this thread so far: replaced the battery, pulled out and replaced the nib (same nib, not a new one), unpaired and repaired, deleted the device in Device Manager, and installed old Windows 10 drivers.

I'd love another suggestion.

Thanks
You can remove the Pen driver fro Device Manager....

upload_2016-8-7_17-26-45.png

Then re-pair the Pen....