What's new

Surface 3 newbie email setup

dtindall

I just bought a S3. It is an intriguing platform, but I don't know when to use the pen, the keyboard, just the tablet, etc. I'll start something with the keyboard and need a mouse, or find that the pen is great but not quite what I need for a given activity. In other words, great potential, but I don't have my head around it yet.
The most aggravating is email. As a W8.1 device, it's fine on my domain using Outlook 2013, but what about remote access? I can vpn and use Outlook as if I were in the office, but what about when I don't want to vpn? I can do this easily with iOS/iPhone or Android clients connecting to OWA, but I can't get this working on the S3. MAIL does not seem to do it. Is there a second option in 2013 to configure an OWA connection when the domain is not available? Is there another client that can connect direct to OWA (I would not mind a separate client for connected vs. not-connected access)?

malberttoo

I just bought a S3. It is an intriguing platform, but I don't know when to use the pen, the keyboard, just the tablet, etc. I'll start something with the keyboard and need a mouse, or find that the pen is great but not quite what I need for a given activity. In other words, great potential, but I don't have my head around it yet.
The most aggravating is email. As a W8.1 device, it's fine on my domain using Outlook 2013, but what about remote access? I can vpn and use Outlook as if I were in the office, but what about when I don't want to vpn? I can do this easily with iOS/iPhone or Android clients connecting to OWA, but I can't get this working on the S3. MAIL does not seem to do it. Is there a second option in 2013 to configure an OWA connection when the domain is not available? Is there another client that can connect direct to OWA (I would not mind a separate client for connected vs. not-connected access)?

Welcome to the forum.

If your phone works fine when away from the office, then the same settings that your phone is using should work on Outlook on your Surface 3 as well.

I don't believe it will work with built-in Mail app, but I could be wrong about that.