What's new

Stylus Pen Storage

Mbai2

I know the stylus is supposed to be stored in the charging port but where do you guys put it when you are actually charging your surface pros? And am I the only one that always finds the pen floating around in my bag when I reach for the surface pro? Seems like the magnet just isn't quite strong enough to securely hold the pen when it is in a bag with other things.

Any rumors on if MS is going to make a new keyboard cover that has a hinge, a battery, and a stylus silo/holder? That would take care of the pro's major issues.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Can't you just put the stylus wherever you'd put any other non-magnetic stylus while in transit (e.g. a pen pocket) and use the power port as a place to keep it handy when it use?

vook

I know the stylus is supposed to be stored in the charging port but where do you guys put it when you are actually charging your surface pros? And am I the only one that always finds the pen floating around in my bag when I reach for the surface pro? Seems like the magnet just isn't quite strong enough to securely hold the pen when it is in a bag with other things.

Any rumors on if MS is going to make a new keyboard cover that has a hinge, a battery, and a stylus silo/holder? That would take care of the pro's major issues.

I've been using this product to protect my tablet and it has a nice pocket to clip the pen to when not in use. (This was actually a pretty nice buy since I can leave the type keyboard in the case and still easily move the tablet in and out.)

souldier

No rumours on if they will make a keyboard that can hold the stylus, but perhaps it will offer extended battery. I either keep the stylus attached the tablet or in my shirt pocket or in my bag where I keep other pens. I have a laptop by that holds the surface nicely in place, and I never find the pen floating around anywhere.

Ruffles

I'm looking for a better solution as well. Since we all know that we will be charging our Surfaces a lot, I find that it's easy to leave the pen disconnected and forget about it. I know MS said they choose this solution because they didn't want to make the tablet bigger to store the pen inside but I would have gladly accepted a little increased size if it housed the stylus. I think you might be on to something with some type of keyboard cover with a stylus holder.

alts63

I have the same concerns. Have you tried adding Velcro to the top of the case (rough) and on the pen (soft)?
My bro-in-law used shrink tubing to add colour to the pen-makes it harder to lose. He used bright red tubing to match his keyboard.
I bought a longer electrical cord, so the USB on the power block would be easily accessible. Cheap fixes!

What is the little clip on the cord for? It's too small to hold the pen, or the coil cord.

mitchellvii

Amazon.com: Leuchtturm1917 Self Adhesive Pen Loop Notebook Accessory: Office Products

21WA--NMchL.jpg

My theory on using the power connector to store the pen is that it is such a mind numbingly stupid and impractical idea that the person in charge of it was also the one who decided dancing hipsters was the best way to sell a tablet to serious business professionals.

Last edited:

SolidSurface

I found a place that makes cool little holders for the stylus on the Microsoft Surface Pro units. I got them for my kids and one for my own Surface Pro 3. They are small and don't get in the way at all. In addition I love that they just plug into the audio jack and can be very easily installed or removed anytime without hassle. You can check them out at Links removed.

Last edited by a moderator: