What's new

Stylus pen buttons not working correct in photoshop

milvo

Hi

Ive got a surface 3 i5 and so far its been great apart from one issue with the pen button mappings.

Does anyone know of a way to remap the side buttons on the side of the pen?
Ideally they would be middle-mouse and right-mouse.

In photoshop and other graphics apps the pen is basically unusable with the default configuration. Also when using the apparent 'rightclick' the brush menu is not appearing.

Drawing and sculpting apps were the main reason I bought a surface to begin with so losing the ability to use the pen with them makes this useless, and Ill probably have to return it

Not happy at all about the switch to ntrig if this is the tradeoff :(

help!

malberttoo

Hi

Ive got a surface 3 i5 and so far its been great apart from one issue with the pen button mappings.

In photoshop and other graphics apps the pen is basically unusable with the default configuration. Also when using the apparent 'rightclick' the brush menu is not appearing.

Drawing and sculpting apps were the main reason I bought a surface to begin with so losing the ability to use the pen with them makes this useless, and Ill probably have to return it

help!

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Keep on the lookout, I've heard that Microsoft is supposed to be releasing a utility in the next couple months that will let you map the Pen buttons to different functions... ;)

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi

help!
Which menu's do you mean? Do you mean the left toolbar brushes where you click to get other options like patch, spot healing brush etc? I was finding this as well at first but I just noticed that if you just tap the option and hold the stylus on the icon it brings up the alternative options, you don't even need to press one of the buttons.

I'm currently really enjoying using the surface pen in PS CC and LR, as it just feels so much more accurate to me to draw on the actual screen than my tablet... but my tablet at home is just a basic wacom bamboo - nothing special.

daniielrp

If you go in to Control Panel (not PC Settings) you should be able to find a 'Pen' section which lets you map the buttons on the side.