What's new

Stress-Testing Sleep

ncameron

After I reset my SB from Hibernate to Sleep I initially set it to Hibernate after 30 mins.
But today I thought that I'd just see how good the new Sleep operation was, so all day I've had it on Sleep on Lid Close with Never Hibernate. And just to try and screw it over I left Windows Hello on too, which previously was a real power hog.
I've been using it only sporadically today - 30 mins here, an hour there - about 4 times - but have been impressed that while it was fully charged at about 9am, it is now 6:30pm and I still have 70% battery left.
That is a lot better than before this last update...

BearFlag

I don't normally put my laptop to sleep but these results are promising so I might give it a try. So basically do you guys just always leave your laptop on, close the lid when you are not using it, and just charge it at night?

OP
N

ncameron

That's what I'm hoping. I'll let you know tomorrow...

Well; I used it on and off all evening and did not charge it at all. I got downstairs at about 9am (it is Saturday) and had 14% battery still left. It had hibernated at some point, need to check my low battery limits, but that's not at all bad.