What's new

Strange Surface Pro 3 cursor shifting to left top corner of screen

arbj

Hi,

Can anyone suggest how I can get the Surface Pro 3 (Microsoft Sh$$$it Pro 3) to work properly. The cursor keeps shifting to the top left side of the screen, sometimes if I am lucky I dont get this problem, I have disabled the touch pad, the problem became less severe.

Can anyone suggest what the solution is ?? Also please suggest how I can disable the touch screen.

I saw in the net, the problem was due to the charger not being grounded (or something like that), is this is the issue ??

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You may be using your machine with a damaged or 3rd party charger, or in a venue with poorly grounded fluorescent lighting, or very near a transmission device such as an antenna booster, microwave, or radio.

OP
A

arbj

I am using the original charger, I changed to a third party charger but the problem remained. The problem comes on and off and has no discernible pattern, I restart usually this sometimes solves the problem temporarily.

As for ground I don't understand how the system can be grounded as it has only two prongs, there is no provision for a third ground point. The third party charger I got has a third point for ground.

As of now I have disabled the touch screen and started using an external USB mouse, the touch pad in the original keyboard, the problem is still there.

I am thinking of using a third party keyboard instead of the original one.

transmission device such as an antenna booster, microwave, or radio.

I am not near any of these devices, although I have two mobile phones nearby on the same table. Will this matter ?? Also I don't use any kind of lighting as my office is well illuminated by natural sunlight (I only use the Surface Pro 3 during the day), do you think this could be the problem ??

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Take your Surface to a different location/building and test it there.

Also, your edge connectors may have dirt or oil or debris causing an intermittent connection. This has been the problem for many users. Blow out the ports through a cloth, and gently clean the keyboard connectors.