What's new

Strange screen issue

SteelSteve

So I just purchased a new Pro 6 yesterday. While setting it up and loading all the Microsoft updates I saw what looked like a line of water droplets down the right hand side of the screen. They disappeared instantly when I touched the screen, and the first time I thought it may have just been a glitch. It only happened twice and I was on the machine for hours. I'm guessing maybe driver issues, possibly being updated and causing a momentary glitch, but figured I check in an see if it ever happened to others.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Were you viewing a webpage that had a video playing, or were you playing any kind of video in a window at the time?

OP
SteelSteve

SteelSteve

I don't believe so but can't rule it out either. both times it ran down the right hand side of the screen id say a quarter of the way from right to left and from the top to the bottom in a straight line. It only did it twice and like I said the unit was pulling down a lot of updates so I'm hoping it was just a glitch caused by one or more of those being installed etc. simply touching the screen made them go away.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
This does sound like a driver/firmware temporary glitch. Keep watching it, though.

Go in a dark room and do a restart. Watch the screen closely. Should be no “static” or pixel “noise”.

toejams64

I have the same problem.

20190815-184237.jpg

Click on it and it disappears.

toejams64

I think and if I can remember correctly it started happening just before the 1903 update. I have since performed a clean install of 1903 and it's still there.

Update: I usually run my Pro 6 of the Surface Dock. Just run it on battery now and the line has gone.

Last edited:
OP
SteelSteve

SteelSteve

Just looked at the other discussion on this. Glad its not just my machine. Hopefully Microsoft will correct at some point.

Plantje

I have had this on all three of my Surface Pro devices. On several builds. Glad to find more people have this. I just didn't have the time to properly research it :)