What's new

strange orientation issue

hfxrock

I received my surface 2 on release day and have been loving it ever since, however I have been having issues with the orientation. At the lock screen and the picture lock I can get it to change to portrait and landscape but in desktop and in metro it will only do landscape for some reason. The fact that it works in the lock screen and not in metro or desktop mode tells me that its a software issue and not a hardware issue. I have changed the settings under the settings and display charm and in desktop mode. Apps that have a rotate button it works.

I am at a loss. Any help would be great.

Jeff

oion

I received my surface 2 on release day and have been loving it ever since, however I have been having issues with the orientation. At the lock screen and the picture lock I can get it to change to portrait and landscape but in desktop and in metro it will only do landscape for some reason. The fact that it works in the lock screen and not in metro or desktop mode tells me that its a software issue and not a hardware issue. I have changed the settings under the settings and display charm and in desktop mode. Apps that have a rotate button it works.

I am at a loss. Any help would be great.

Jeff

If your keyboard is attached and open, landscape mode supersedes portrait by default regardless of lock settings.

OP
H

hfxrock

Thanks for the reply. I detached the keyboard and still not working. Funny thing is when the keyboard is attached it doesn't even work, backlight lights up the keys but there is no functionality. I wonder if the keyboard port is not releasing control?

The keyboard is always attached though.

I have detached the keyboard and rebooted the tablet. Entered metro, went to portrait and it worked, attached keyboard and folded back and still working. No idea why but its working now.