What's new

Strange issue about IE

kristalsoldier

Hi all...

I am facing a rather odd issue. I have three machines running W8.1 - my desktop machine, a SP3 and a S3.

I have set them so that they all sync via OneDrive. And this is particularly the case with IE (for passwords, bookmarks etc.).

The problem is that while IE on both the desktop machine and the S3 seems to render pages ok, IE on the SP3 is messing up the pages. I have checked and rechecked the Tracking Lists, the security features and every other thing that I could think of. This has started just after the recent update to the SP3 (not the S3).

Any ideas how this is possible? It is the same browser as on the other two machines, all browsers are synced with each other.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Actually, I there is something wrong with IE on the SP3 itself because even this site is not rendering as well as it does on the desktop machine and the S3 (and I have tried both the desktop and the MUI versions on all three machines).

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You didn't mention resetting the browser on the SP3, so if you haven't id give it a try.
Disable syncing, clear cache, disable & remove add-ins then add them back.
Perhaps some detail or examples of how it's messing up would help...

Let's see.. the standard MS fix would be Uninstall/Reinstall the app. :)
Where's the EASY Button for resetting any Windows Subsystem due to the inevitable mess of configuration errors (registry corruption or otherwise) it all too often finds itself in. A Refresh or Reset will cost you a whole day at least.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

You didn't mention resetting the browser on the SP3, so if you haven't id give it a try.
Disable syncing, clear cache, disable & remove add-ins then add them back.
Perhaps some detail or examples of how it's messing up would help...

Let's see.. the standard MS fix would be Uninstall/Reinstall the app. :)
Where's the EASY Button for resetting any Windows Subsystem due to the inevitable mess of configuration errors (registry corruption or otherwise) it all too often finds itself in. A Refresh or Reset will cost you a whole day at least.

Thanks! Yeps...and with Win 10 just around the corner, I am not sure resetting this would really be helpful at this stage. Still, your suggestion of resetting IE is a good one and I will give it a shot.

malberttoo

Thanks! Yeps...and with Win 10 just around the corner, I am not sure resetting this would really be helpful at this stage. Still, your suggestion of resetting IE is a good one and I will give it a shot.

+1 for GreyFox7's suggestion (Internet Options> Advanced). This has fixed for me in the past numerous strange issues with IE. You'll just have to re-import your settings etc. afterwards, but you are tech savvy so that should be quick work for you.