What's new

Square Metal Magnet

XXLMandalorian

Hello,

So in the process of botching a screen removal and I lost one of the square metal magnet things. I assume its just one of the two pen holder but I cant find it and don't want to order more parts if the thing wont turn on. Anyone have any info on this? I added where it came from on the surface pro 4 and what it looked like.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_20210222_171749540_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210222_171749540_HDR.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 296
  • magnet.jpg
    magnet.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm confused... A missing magnet seems unimportant if it won't turn on, why would it matter? I'm positive the missing magnet is not the reason it won't turn on.

OP
XXLMandalorian

XXLMandalorian

I'm confused... A missing magnet seems unimportant if it won't turn on, why would it matter? I'm positive the missing magnet is not the reason it won't turn on.
Well it works but it had the screen flicker issue and in the process of me taking it apart I shattered the screen. When I was taking it apart I lost that square magnet. I could not find any info on this magnet so I didn't want to upgrade the NVME and get a new screen if I lost some proprietary magnet part. I think your right about it being not an issue but wanted to ask around. Rather new with Surfaces and am not experienced in the insides vs my Desktop knowledge.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check anything metal in the area where you were working including tools, that little sucker could be stuck anywhere.

Also follow Gibbs rule #20 Always look under.

Last edited: