What's new

SPro3 - Fan rattling issue

Hello all, i am new to this forum.

First i want to say that i really LOVE the device. It really does everything you could possibly (agreed probably not all) imagine.

But today i noticed something rather odd... At first i thought that the bearings from the fan are damaged or something but after a while i realized that this does only happen if you tilt or rotate the device if the fan is spinning. I know that when a round object is turning, that you can hardly tilt its axis (typical physics demonstration) because it exhibits a force in the opposite direction. The same thing seemed to happen with the fan in the SPro3, when you tilt it it tries not to move and because the case already moved, it grinds somewhere on the inside of the fans casing... Well probably now nobody knows what im talking about, so i made a small video.

Please give me some feedback if you are experiencing the same issue. Actually i would really appreciate it if somebody could test that for me so that i know if its normal or not...

Thank you for the feedback and sorry if i described the issue unclear.

mohcho

Send that back for warranty replacement. Sounds like the fan bearings have been damaged and the fins are rubbing against the casing.

OP
C

Chris1234sdfgdsfgd

Thank you all for the numerous replies!

In the meantime i have contacted MS support and they told me that it is probably a hardware issue, and that i should send it to them for further investigation.
Still, i dont like giving away such a great device and having to live for some time without it... i really like it a lot.

Thanks again for the help! The issue has been resolved.