What's new

Split On-Screen keyboard has been removed with the Fall Creator's update *roll eyes*

Turbo4AWD

THE feature I used THE MOST on my Surface 3 has officially been removed with the Fall Creator's update. Now I have to hold the tablet with one hand and "hunt and peck" with the other just so I can type. SUPER angry about this because if I hadn't purchased a keyboard cover, I would be screwed right now. Here's to hoping Microsoft brings the ability to split the on screen keyboard (so you can type with your thumbs) in a future update or an emergency granular update.....!!!!!!!!!!!! /rant

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
THE feature I used THE MOST on my Surface 3 has officially been removed with the Fall Creator's update. Now I have to hold the tablet with one hand and "hunt and peck" with the other just so I can type. SUPER angry about this because if I hadn't purchased a keyboard cover, I would be screwed right now. Here's to hoping Microsoft brings the ability to split the on screen keyboard (so you can type with your thumbs) in a future update or an emergency granular update.....!!!!!!!!!!!! /rant
It was replaced with a Swift style keyboard aka word flow...

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

Magically, the split keyboard has returned on my newly purchased Surface Pro 6. So weird that even though I have the latest Windows 10 updates, the split keyboard option came back!