What's new

SP3 Vs. the competition...

quadtronix

I was curious, a lot of talk I've read here has outlined positives as well as negatives about the Pro 3. What I was wondering is, are there any worthy competitors out there? I sold my iPad Air and my Surface RT before that. Now I have the mini w/retina and Dell's Venue 8 Pro. I'm considering the Pro 3 because it can double as a true laptop replacement, something I am definitely in the market for. So, are there competitors worth looking at? If so, what are they and how do they compare in your opinions?

I was curious, a lot of talk I've read here has outlined positives as well as negatives about the Pro 3. What I was wondering is, are there any worthy competitors out there? I sold my iPad Air and my Surface RT before that. Now I have the mini w/retina and Dell's Venue 8 Pro. I'm considering the Pro 3 because it can double as a true laptop replacement, something I am definitely in the market for. So, are there competitors worth looking at? If so, what are they and how do they compare in your opinions?

IMO the surface pro line is the best experience you are going to get, Ive tried dell, Lenovo,asus....That said, that doesn't mean those OEMs wont produce something that might beat the surface, but right now it's surface as #1

eltos_lightfoot

Agreed. If they fixed the HiDPI issues with scaling, and it appears they have, nothing is close. I have looked and looked. In fact, I am going to sell my Macbook Air, and my iPad mini retina. I travel for work and just being able to throw the SP3 in a bag and go is going to be awesome.

godson594

I have:
Surface Pro 2 - 256/8
Dell Venue pro 8
Macbook air (again)
iPad 4

I wish I would have purchased this Lenovo
ThinkPad Yoga: Business Ultrabook - 12.5" 2-In-1 Business Convertible | Lenovo (US)

I thought I would love a tablet that can do it all but in reality most my work requires a keyboard attached and after using a type cover I absolutely hate it. Surface is very limited in the way I have to hold it when sitting on a couch/recliner... iPad is still working great for bed/surfing.

I wouldn't use the Macbook at all but I need xcode for work, bought the Venue 8 for notes but ended up giving it to my girlfriend and the iPad rarely leaves the nightstand...

But if you are looking for a tablet with a digitizer/stylus and a real OS your options are pretty limited.

I have ONLY had problems with the Surface Pro 2 - I'm very leery of any new hardware from Microsoft as much as I love the concept....

CrippsCorner

My girlfriend has an iPad and an iMac... and wants to replace at least the iMac, and possible the iPad as well with a MacBook Pro.

Then I showed her the Surface Pro 3!

She still wants a MacBook Pro :(

By the way she's not a complete Apple fangirl, she does have Windows Phone...

leeshor

We have seen phones that got so large they refer to them as phablets. The Surface Pro 3, (and possibly others) will end up generating new names mostly due to the form factor and display. Convertible doesn't quite explain it well enough. Maybe notetab or laptab. ;)