What's new

SP3 Update 19.08

OPC9

Attachments

• Screenshot (55).png
    Screenshot (55).png
    170.1 KB · Views: 468
Since update i have got a red start screen with surface logo (not black as before). It seems that something went wrong while installing ... :/

glx

From http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/install-update-activate/pro-3-update-history

August 19 release

The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 8/19/2014” when you view your update history.
Note
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.
  • Surface Pro UEFI (v3.9.150.0) adds features to display BIOS password state and asset tag information, as well as improving boot times in some scenarios.

bluegrass

Hey man, thanks for the wordless message about the update. Just plugged in my Surface and got it. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see the red screen like Daniel talked about. Don't have any flippin' idea what this is about but it must be important since we weren't do for another firmware update until September.

Even though I have updates set to automatically do, I still go to the control panel and check for some every day right after I turn on my machine. I'm amazed that I get a new dictionary update everyday. I'm surprised the dictionary changes every day.

Lol :) I didnt need the red screen ;) If there wasnt the tip with secure boot i would have done a factory reset ;)

You get every day a dictorary update? I didnt get even one?