What's new

SP3 pen issue

Cire

I have been using my SP3 since September & everything has been running great until today. For some reason when I point my pen at an icon or link it acts as a click & opens the app or link, I don't even have to touch the screen. If I point it at text on a page & move it across the screen it highlights it.

I opened device manager & under Bluetooth I highlighted Surface Pen & uninstalled the pen & rebooted. Then I went to Settings...change PC settings...PC & devices...Bluetooth & paired the pen again. It still does the same thing. I also tapped search typed in calibrate to reset the pen settings to default. I even broke down & did a system restore & selected a restore point from last week & that never helped. This makes using the pen impossible.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue with the SP3 pen?

malberttoo

Take the batteries out of the pen, there are two sets. Let it sit for a moment and put the batteries back, see if that fixes the issue.

If the batteries don't help, I would guess the pen is defective.

Also, welcome to the forum!

OP
C

Cire

Take the batteries out of the pen, there are two sets. Let it sit for a moment and put the batteries back, see if that fixes the issue.

If the batteries don't help, I would guess the pen is defective.

Also, welcome to the forum!

That was the 1st thing I did, forgot to post that sorry.

And thanks for the welcome,

ptrkhh

Try removing and reattaching the nib. Just pull it, be careful though it might jump and fly across the room. And push it back again.

By the way, the Bluetooth has nothing to do with the pen input, its just for the OneNote button up top. Hence, you could probably even ignore Bluetooth on this particular issue.

kundas1

have you made any changes to how the pointer behaves when going on links? also try changing the batteries

OP
C

Cire

have you made any changes to how the pointer behaves when going on links? also try changing the batteries

It has new batteries, for some reason when I turned the tablet on this morning the pen is working normal again. Ii wonder if one of the buttons on the shaft had anything to do with it. When I shut it down last night I was clicking those.

What ever it was I'm up and running again, thanks everyone for your input.