Poll SP3 Pen Grip

Would you buy this?

• Yes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

Childs Play

Does anyone else think that the surface pro 3 pen could use a grip?

I designed this guy and I'm toying with the idea of starting a kickstarter for it, but I want to get some feedback from other SP3 users.

I find that the grip greatly improves the ergonomics of the pen as well as the utility of the two side buttons. Before I had to reposition the pen every time I wanted to use the side buttons, now my thumb is always in the right spot. Makes the writing experience that much smoother.

Let me know what you think.
WP_20150211_23_44_31_Pro.jpg

Maciej

I'd really like to try it out, but starting a Kickstarter campaign might be a bit overhaul, don't you think?
If you want to earn some money for that, you might use some 3D Printing pages.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Get a grip. :) I mean, from the drugstore. Like one of these, or peel one off of another spent pen. Use scissors to cut to size:

getagrip.jpg

gripit.jpg

OP
C

Childs Play

Thanks! With any luck (and perhaps some advertising) I'll be able to get these made in a rubber like material and get it to the people who want it.

malberttoo

The keyboard pen loop may be a problem with some grips, but you could always have a second pen handy that has grips installed.

Cut from a cheap mechanical pencil:

View attachment 5476

View attachment 5475

View attachment 5474

Nice, I completely see where you're going with this, but it doesn't address the core issue: that in my hand (and @Childs Play's as well I assume) the pen rolls and wiggles. It's hard to explain, but the flat triangle shape would let me keep a precise grip on the pen that didn't move.