What's new

SP3 Docking Station Availability?

WAR

Does anyone have any idea when the docking station will be available to purchase? I can't wait to get my SP3, but I'd LOVE to replace my HP 2760 tablet that I have set up in a docking station currently in my office . . . .

Jvette

What I have read about the docking station is it should be available by the end of August and should be smaller than the old one and should have a lot of upgrades over the old one.

DanL

The company I work for is buying a Surface Pro 3 for one of my coworkers. They ordered it through CDW. I saw the e-mail exchanges because I was helping him order. SP3 i5 256 with keyboard and docking station. The receipt has $199 charged for the SP3 docking station and "TBD" listed for shipping date. CDW sales states in the email the docking station should be released by late August.

I couldn't find the SP3 Docking station on their web site but the receipt also listed it as "new item".

Last edited:
OP
WAR

WAR

If Microsoft wanted to market the SP3 as a laptop replacement and target business users, it seems they would have released the docking station at the same time! I can't wait to get mine on the 20th, however using it in the office will be the icing on the cake.

Jvette

I don't think companies like Microsoft are very connected to their corporate customers because if they were they would know what items are important to have ready when the items go on sale. This is kind of like the I5 is testing the waters to get the bugs out and then in August they will be ready to make the push to sell the rest of the line along with the accessories.

scfoster

so much for an August 1st release. Mine shows being backordered for another two weeks (Aug 15th ship date)