What's new

SP2 Availability??!!?

Korlon

Anyone have any news regarding when the MS store Canada (online or retail store) will have more units for sale?

I've been looking for a Surface Pro 2, 256G/8G ram for the past 2 weeks and everyone is sold out. the 512G hd model is around but just out of my price range.

fifl

I have been waiting for the same thing
Just spoke with Microsoft costumer service online and they told me to check in later this week.
By the way the blamed the holidays for the delay

Philtastic

I also talked to a Microsoft Store rep in Toronto and I was told that the delay was because they're making and shipping the updated SP2 with the 4300u processor. The wait will be worth it. (He might have told me that because I was looking to do an exchange of my current SP2 that I bought mid-December for the new version)

OP
K

Korlon

Well, I contacted an MS online help rep last night, and he replied that there is no date that he can find for when the next shipment of SP2 256gig models will be available for sale. Now in my third week of waiting. MS seriously needs to work on its supply chain and logistics. At this point I'm about ready to give up on MS. No SP2, no power cover yet... incredibly frustrating

Philtastic

Well, I contacted an MS online help rep last night, and he replied that there is no date that he can find for when the next shipment of SP2 256gig models will be available for sale. Now in my third week of waiting. MS seriously needs to work on its supply chain and logistics. At this point I'm about ready to give up on MS. No SP2, no power cover yet... incredibly frustrating

So I phoned this morning and just got canned responses. Having visited both Toronto stores in the past week, they both HAVE SP2s for sale (256 GB) but they weren't the new version. You just have to go to the store and ask them.

Jasmine

I have been waiting for the same thing
Just spoke with Microsoft costumer service online and they told me to check in later this week.
By the way the blamed the holidays for the delay

I really hope this is true, because I'm waiting on them to get back in stock so they can send me my replacement.

Philtastic

As of today in Toronto, Eaton Centre kiosk had 5 SP2 256 GB but all lot #1350 and Yorkdale has lot #1351. I exchanged my lot #1343 for a 1351 at Yorkdale just now. I can't confirm yet that it is the new model but, given what everyone else has said on this and ither forums and that the sales guy knew why I wanted 1351 or higher, it probably has the 4300U processor. Excite!

fifl

I really hope this is true, because I'm waiting on them to get back in stock so they can send me my replacement.

I really don't belive it myself.
I gave up and ordered 128 gb, hope its enough for me. I hope I get the new 4300 processor and not the old 4200 processor. Just need to find a way to identify it.

Philtastic

As of today in Toronto, Eaton Centre kiosk had 5 SP2 256 GB but all lot #1350 and Yorkdale has lot #1351. I exchanged my lot #1343 for a 1351 at Yorkdale just now. I can't confirm yet that it is the new model but, given what everyone else has said on this and ither forums and that the sales guy knew why I wanted 1351 or higher, it probably has the 4300U processor. Excite!

Confirmed that my lot #1351 is the new processor. Woo hoo!