What's new

SP 4 - Ghosting

DaBotta

Hello , i have an Surface Pro 4 with i7 with 16gb ram. And i have the following problem.

After installing fresh windows , the touch not working , and the touchpad from the keyboard works perfect. After all the drivers are installed , the touchpad will not work anymore , and on the right side of the screen it's show a circle , like is "clicking" the touch. And the tocuh isn't working.

If i connect an external mouse , and go to Device manager , and deactivate the touch , all is normal , the touchpad works ok , and no more ghosting.

Even in UEFI settings , the touchscreen isn't working , but there the touchpad works.

Thank you

Later edit: If i disable the Intel(R) Precise Touch Device , now the touchscreen isn't working and the touchpad from the keyboard works again.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hello , i have an Surface Pro 4 with i7 with 16gb ram. And i have the following problem.

After installing fresh windows , the touch not working , and the touchpad from the keyboard works perfect. After all the drivers are installed , the touchpad will not work anymore , and on the right side of the screen it's show a circle , like is "clicking" the touch. And the tocuh isn't working.

If i connect an external mouse , and go to Device manager , and deactivate the touch , all is normal , the touchpad works ok , and no more ghosting.

Even in UEFI settings , the touchscreen isn't working , but there the touchpad works.

Thank you

Later edit: If i disable the Intel(R) Precise Touch Device , now the touchscreen isn't working and the touchpad from the keyboard works again.
If possible, I would download the Recovery Image directly from Microsoft and reinstall it with the image.