What's new

Solved Software install issue

tatinc2000

I plan on running the uccnc software to control a cnc router. I can get it to load on my laptop and current control pc with no problems. I want to run it from my surface tablet and it wont load. When I double click the setup.exe the windows the do you want to run this program window pops up, I click yes and get the loading circle for 2-3 seconds and that is it. I've tried to run as admin, safe mode, turned off publisher verification and can't get it to open the installer. Anyone have any ideas?

Surface is a Pro 3 i5-4300 @1.9GHz-2.50GHz, 8 gig RAM, Windows 10 64-bit

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I plan on running the uccnc software to control a cnc router. I can get it to load on my laptop and current control pc with no problems. I want to run it from my surface tablet and it wont load. When I double click the setup.exe the windows the do you want to run this program window pops up, I click yes and get the loading circle for 2-3 seconds and that is it. I've tried to run as admin, safe mode, turned off publisher verification and can't get it to open the installer. Anyone have any ideas?

Surface is a Pro 3 i5-4300 @1.9GHz-2.50GHz, 8 gig RAM, Windows 10 64-bit

What OS are you running on the machines that is able to run it? You can attempt to do a compatibility pass on the installer by right clicking on the installer - compatibility tab to match the other machines:

upload_2017-3-7_6-42-9.png

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The software requires dot net framework 2.0. The installation guide prerequisites say on W10 the installer will exit silently if it's not present.

For Windows 8 & 10 to install FW 2.0 you install the Dot Net Framework 3.5 which also includes 2.0.

Go to Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features on or off (on the left).
Select .Net Framework 3.5 ...

OP
T

tatinc2000

The software requires dot net framework 2.0. The installation guide prerequisites say on W10 the installer will exit silently if it's not present.

For Windows 8 & 10 to install FW 2.0 you install the Dot Net Framework 3.5 which also includes 2.0.

Go to Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features on or off (on the left).
Select .Net Framework 3.5 ...

This was the issue. Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro