What's new

SL3 13.5" i5 8Gb and Gaming

CRMS

Just though I'd write a short note on gaming. With the lockdown, I dug out my old F1 99 and installed it and it ran just fine, although the 20 year old wheel had issues due to lack of W10 drivers.
So bought a new Thrustmaster Force Feedback Wheel - T150 Pro and F1 2019. All installed fine on a 1 TB Seagate Backup USB drive plugged into a generic USB C dock USB 3 port. Plugged the wheel into SL3 USB port and Samsung 28 inch TV Monitor into USB dock HDMI.
I installed the Intel Graphics Command Centre app.
So now runs 2 displays - PC at native resolution and TV/Monitor at 1366 x 768 but switches to 1920 x 1080 when game is running. Generally just run the Samsung display - not sure if that is better for graphics performance rather than run PC display as well.
Game runs really well - no lag - and great fun. Think PC has crashed once but 2 - 3 hours game play and I'm exhausted - sore arms from force feedback. There are a lot of forces involved. The pedals walk about on the carpet and the whole desk bends and twists. So need something stronger.
Looked at another game - Assetto Corsa - but apparently the Intel Iris graphics card are not up to it.
With 20/20 hindsight, perhaps I should have bought the business SL3 i5 with 16Gb memory??