What's new

site suggestions

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure if it is just me, but I could swear that when typing a URL, suggested sites are getting worse and worse.

What I mean by this is that originally, it would take two letters of a URL before it knew where I was headed. Such as SU would suggest surfaceforums.net. Now I am finding that my most visited site, many many times a day, top of the new page shortcut lost thing, requires 10 letters before it suggests the website instead of what mostly seem to be "commercial" search suggestions.

It should not take 10 characters for it to realise I am trying to visit my most visited website. On a mobile device, aka PITA touch screen keyboard, this isn't acceptable imo.

CrippsCorner

What browser are you using? Haven't had the same problems on Chrome here. Only thing that does happen is if you go to many individual pages on a domain quite regularity, it'll list them all in the search bar which can be a little confusing. Either way clearing your history should sort this out.

OP
H

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its edge. Edge forum ;)

I'll try clearing history. But I have never really visited any site anything like this. Its not that it is trying to suggest other similar named sites I've visited, just offering search links for terms I have never used. Seems odd. Most other sites are fine, but this one seems to forego your history because of the generic "th" it starts with and largely just lists nesters I would never ever read. The sun, the daily mail, the star et etc. That kind of thing. Seems almost promotional..