What's new

Should I Trade for a Different Typecover Color

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which country do you live in then?

I've lived in New Zealand, the USA, England and now Australia and I've only ever heard the term use in NZ.

Mind you language changes all the time but I am curious.

It has been a term as common as tea and cake in the UK for longer than i can remember.

stlbud

Since the cover doesn't protect the back of my Surface, I keep it in a sleeve. They both stay pretty clean. I have the Cyan cover, BTW. I wouldn't mind having a black one for a different, more professional look.

souldier

I prefer the dark blue clover. Not only is it my favorite color, but I find that it looks professional without being too boring. Matches perfectly with the blue pen as well. In the end this topic is almost pointless as color will boil down to personal, subjective preference.

jace88

Which country do you live in then?

I've lived in New Zealand, the USA, England and now Australia and I've only ever heard the term use in NZ.

Mind you language changes all the time but I am curious.

I think it depends who you talk to- I am Aussie but lived in US, NZ and now Singapore. I feel like I've heard the term my whole life.

For what it's worth, being a boy racer isn't the end of the world. I was called one for many years driving a Civic with a wing, and then an Evo with an even bigger wing.... and in some countries, what would be considered rice in places with cheaper cars are actually ridiculously expensive (if you're bored look up the price of say a VW Golf or Honda Civic here in Singapore and you'll understand).

MR21215

I wanted a Black one (favorite color) but they had the gray for a cheaper price so I went with the gray and it's not too bad.

narse77

While i will be getting something like the dark blue for my S3 purely to differentiate it from my SP3, the black keyboard doesn't show dirt and is actually really nice. Makes it look almost like a very executive notepad or something.

As to cool, well it is really completely subjective. I'm sure some people think the red cover is cool but to me it is just shouty and vulgar like a boy racer.

I have the red and love it :( I am a 38 IT professional and take S3 to meetings etc all the time. I hope no one thinks I am trying to be flashy, I just really like red.