What's new

Should i give the Surface a new try ?

Ozozuz

Hi guyz, i'm asking you a simple question, should i give a new chance to the Surface ?

I bought the Surface Pro 3 at day one and before being forced to sell it a couple of months later i sent it to microsoft around 7-8 times w/out receiving a single devices that was "in my opinion" at least decent.
The main reason i keep sending it back was a truly excessive bleeding, i can expect it "or at least that MUCH" on a 400€ notebook or less, not on a 1000+ premium device.

I used my surface a lot during night, watching movies or coding and it was absolutely intolerable but since after every exchange the problem keep occurring i assumed that the problem wasn't in my devices but in all the surface pro 3.

Another big problem was the fan spinning every times even when not in hard load condition, but that's another story.

Despite all this problem, i really loved the surface as a devices and concept, and the sp4 is really beautifull "as much as expensive".
Since those two aren't problem that i can check in a second in a big shop "i need some times and a room with low ambient light" i'm asking you about this :)

What should i do ?

leeshor

If that was a problem that many times I would give up and try something else. But that's just me. All the SP4s I've had my hands on, (quite a few), have been nearly perfect in every way.

OP
O

Ozozuz

If that was a problem that many times I would give up and try something else. But that's just me. All the SP4s I've had my hands on, (quite a few), have been nearly perfect in every way.

I was forced to gived up with the sp3, now i'm asking about the sp4 sice, well, i really like it !

leeshor

I based my comment on your primary complaint, screen bleed. I don't suspect it would be much different with the SP4 as it may be an issue with how sensitive you are to it. I wouldn't expect any one SP4 would be any better than 7/8 SP3s. Your call.

wynand32

It's the rare large-screen LCD that has absolutely zero screen bleed. My SP3 had some, and my SP4 that's replaced it has some. It's minor, doesn't affect my enjoyment of the machine, but it's there. The best you'll be able to do, probably, is buy one and see, because nobody will be able to provide any guarantees.

OP
O

Ozozuz

It's the rare large-screen LCD that has absolutely zero screen bleed. My SP3 had some, and my SP4 that's replaced it has some. It's minor, doesn't affect my enjoyment of the machine, but it's there. The best you'll be able to do, probably, is buy one and see, because nobody will be able to provide any guarantees.

Every quality devices that i have ever had in my life had a much less bleeding then all the sp3 i had, even if they are less expensive, this is not ips glow wich is 100% accettable, this is pure bleeding :c

I'll make it simple, those are 2 photo of my last sp3, not the worst , not the best I have had.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
For my standard this is garbage quality, if you think that i'll have to deal with this again, i'll be forced to choose something else.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looks like you have the screen brightness at full. Also you might try adjusting the contrast.

Don't think you have control of screen brightness at startup. But brightness aside, that bleeding is terrible. There should not be a need to start adjusting brightness and contrast. The screen should be "functional" with any brightness offered.

OP
O

Ozozuz

It looks like you have the screen brightness at full. Also you might try adjusting the contrast.
No offense but it makes no sense.
I'm not allowed to set the brightness i want and i have to manually try compensate screens defects adjusting contrast in order to use a 1000+ devices correctly ?

Don't think you have control of screen brightness at startup. But brightness aside, that bleeding is terrible. There should not be a need to start adjusting brightness and contrast. The screen should be "functional" with any brightness offered.

that's the point of this thread !