What's new

Screen freezing

JimArneson

For the past week (or so) my surface has been freezing up every once and a while. I don't see any pattern... it just stops responding and forces me to hold down the power button to shut down. It happens about twice a day and is a new behavior.

Any thoughts?

leeshor

Many people have found that the problem was when it was syncing with OneDrive. Can you check the task manager to see if it is hung. Something is going on in the background and getting stuck.

dan_fein

For the past week (or so) my surface has been freezing up every once and a while. I don't see any pattern... it just stops responding and forces me to hold down the power button to shut down. It happens about twice a day and is a new behavior.

Any thoughts?
I got my SP3 last week, and started to notice this on day 3. A little research turned up a conflict between f.lux (an app that reduces the blue in the screen for night viewing) and the Intel Graphics driver, which on my machine was 3621. I had to unload the driver and delete it in order to load the upgrade, but it seems to have solved the problem.