What's new

SB will reboot while in Sleep Mode overnight

brosenz

I am getting the following error, any idea what could be the root cause:

On Fri 1/6/2017 5:02:52 AM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010617-13140-01.dmp uptime: 21:52:13 This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0) Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF90891EE06E20, 0xFFFFDB0007BA68E0, 0xFFFF908937951900) Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 1/6/2017 5:02:52 AM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp uptime: 21:52:13 This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0) Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF90891EE06E20, 0xFFFFDB0007BA68E0, 0xFFFF908937951900) Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Niterider4

The Surface Book has serious issues dealing with sleep and hibernate. My Surface Book has never worked properly in this regard, and there are literally thousands of posts online from people with similar problems.

Nobody seems to know what the actual problem is, and the symptoms vary, but the common element is that the Surface Book crashes spontaneously during sleep for no apparent reason.

wynand32

I'm not seeing any of the sleep issues on my SB (I've had it since mid-December) that I used to see on my Surface Pro 4. And my SP4 hadn't had those issues since a few firmware updates. Just adding a data point...