What's new

Quick question: MS Account Profile Pic

kristalsoldier

Hi all...

Quick question: I changed the profile pic on my primary Outlook account (which is connected to Skype). I made these changes on the MS Account page online. Theoretically, since my SP4, S3 and 950XL are all signed in with that account, the profile pic on each should change. Well, it happens quickly on the S3, but not so on the SP4 and the phone and also on Skype (across the devices).

What accounts for this delay which, as of now, is running past 48 hours and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also, when I open Edge, since I am always signed into my primary Outlook account, it should show the updated profile pic, but it does not. Any ideas why?

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's FM. my dad has a pic of one of his friends kids (young girl) that shows up in Explorer next to his name. no idea how it got there or how to get rid of it. This happened on Windows 8 and it's persisted to W10 and actually shows up on the Account in settings but not as the primary picture. Fn Magic man. I've actually removed every picture from his computer so it's squirreled a copy somewhere deep down in the abyss.

Oh and you think disk cleanup or deleing internet temporary files gets rid of all the billions of image files squirrelled in folders ... wrong!

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It can take up to 72+ hours....and sometimes I've seen devices pick up Facebook or LinkedIn Pictures instead because of Account Linking....

bluegrass

Sometimes it feels like everything about us is squirreled away all over the Internet to be dug up by those who like to & are good at mining. It's a crazy world of computers we live in today. Nothing surprises me any more when it comes to computers. I've seen just about all of the changes and craziness dealing with computers for the past 47 years. I believe about the hardest problem I fixed years ago was after changing everything else out to fix a problem, I finally changed the case out and the problem went away.