What's new

Questions for Surface Owners

prb

I wonder if any of you could do a test for me on your Surface please?

Can you open up a powerpoint presentation, and then try and "Print to Onenote" I know this is possible in Office 2010 and Office 2013, I am very keen to see if its still there in the RT version?
Or is there any other way of sending a powerpoint show or word document to Onenote?

Cheers

LA33R

If anyone could let us know how the kick stand feels? Does it feel like it will snap in half easy? Thanks.

BillJ

This seems to work fine!
I can also print to my HP wireless printer on my home network

wilbur4321

definitely seems that printing to onenote works. there's nothing about the surface that seems poorly made or ready to break -- kickstand included.

Sent from Boards for Windows on Windows 8

OP
P

prb

Thats brilliant, thanks!

I don't suppose you're able to post a video here or on youtube of you opening a powerpoint and sending to onenote, just keen to see the process and how it works/how smooth it is?

ravenas

If anyone could let us know how the kick stand feels? Does it feel like it will snap in half easy? Thanks.

It feels very solid to me. The kickstand is metal and very secure. I did the bend/break test to see how well it stood up before I bought it.

Only thing that may throw some people is the Touch Cover. It is made of a felt-like material. Feels like it would get dirty/damaged after constant shuffling in and out of a bag. Time will tell how it holds up. I thought my iPad "Smart Cover" was the cheapest thing every sold but it did just fine in the 18 months I used it.

J515OP

Super Moderator
It feels very solid to me. The kickstand is metal and very secure. I did the bend/break test to see how well it stood up before I bought it.

Only thing that may throw some people is the Touch Cover. It is made of a felt-like material. Feels like it would get dirty/damaged after constant shuffling in and out of a bag. Time will tell how it holds up. I thought my iPad "Smart Cover" was the cheapest thing every sold but it did just fine in the 18 months I used it.

The color touch covers are some sort of vinyl apparently rather than the felt of the black cover. Probably has to do with the color process but may also be better or worse holding up over the long run. We'll have to see as more get out into use.

fastewa

one note print

I wonder if any of you could do a test for me on your Surface please?

Can you open up a powerpoint presentation, and then try and "Print to Onenote" I know this is possible in Office 2010 and Office 2013, I am very keen to see if its still there in the RT version?
Or is there any other way of sending a powerpoint show or word document to Onenote?

Cheers

yes works just fine. ppt works great, I put a 25MB ppt on skydrive from my laptop. it opened and ran perfectly including complex videos. this machine is fantastic

fastewa

I agree about the first impression of the outside of the touch cover, however it occurred to me that it is designed that way to sit solidly on a smooth surface without sliding when you type. the cover is excellent and has performed well so far.